Monday, January 6, 2014

The Future is Here! (Part 1)

Hello

This is just a quick note about the achievements since last writing.

I just had to bite the bullet and translate a Java implementation of 2D DCT transformation found (=robbed) from Net. The source code can be found for example here. The code shows Elliot Shepherd as the author so the credits go there, thank you and sorry ;)

I also wrote a class library that calculates the DCT phash (as a 16 char hexadecimal string) to make it analogous to my earlier hashes and to facilitate its handling in the database. The class works more or less as phasher-class referred in the previous blog writings.

I am not yet giving anything out because the code is just calculating the hashes first time for the database (about half a second/per hash) and it will take long (I mean long time like 70 hours) to crunch its way through the database and there's a little research after that as well before I will show my findings and clean the class library which will be available if there's any interest... ;)

So why to hurry to inform you, my (almost non-existent) reader? Because I have some 12000 images hashed so far and the results are just stunningly beautiful (not only the art of the images). All the hashes shared are of the same image, none false positives found so far. I understand now why the DCT was chosen for JPGs. :)

So, I'll pop up most probably during next week or so with something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment